My MEMES' BLOG

Cats on Tuesday, My World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, Watery Wednesday, Window Views and doors too, This Way - Thurs Way, Skywatch Friday, Look at the Sky Friday, Weekend Memoirs, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shot Sunday, Straight out of the Camera (Sunday) ...Photos other than those with special mentions are my own Copyright.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

City in Red as dust shrouded the sky


Skywatch Friday #17

From Dot to Tom over to Host Klaus with Sandy, Ivar, Wren, Fishing Guy and ...Louise. SkyWatch Friday continues to create a huge sensational Phenomenon in the Meme World. Please keep Skywatching every Friday....the Sky is just above you. Look UP!

Today's story is HERE, a full story of the event that catapulted me out of bed. Thanks to my lovely daughter.

This could be my early and last SKYWATCH ACTIVITY before heading off to New Zealand. What a memory as today is another day of reckoning this country has to confront again: Summer Bushfires, Hail Storms, Floods, Drought, Crimes and other calamities and catastrophes that Mother Nature so direly expresses her fury towards humand kind? ... is it a wonder why things can go so WRONG?

“Red sky at night, sailors delight; red sky at morning, sailors warning”~Proverb

border02



Red haze as sifted by my bedroom window screen



outside gloom from my kitchen window



from my kitchen window about 10 am



from my front glass door



backyard Northeast direction



from my backyard Northeastern direction



backyard Southeast



by midday from my bedroom window trying to capture the dust of the car



the last blast



storm forced by strong winds



clouds gathering momentum



haze dissipating



clearing at 2:56pm



it's cleared by 2:58pm



the glory of my home-sky restored



the sky is back to normal by 3pm so far in my home-sky


My head and my neck are in pain trying to make adjustments in the placement according to the sequence of the day I took these pictures.

Cheers!