My MEMES' BLOG

Cats on Tuesday, My World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, Watery Wednesday, Window Views and doors too, This Way - Thurs Way, Skywatch Friday, Look at the Sky Friday, Weekend Memoirs, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shot Sunday, Straight out of the Camera (Sunday) ...Photos other than those with special mentions are my own Copyright.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reflecting on a Memory of a Person


Weekend Reflections Entry #2 as hosted by our friend James of Newtown Area Photos blog. Please join us HERE!

NOTE: May I leave this with you and will appreciate your generous time. Let me take my rest and I'll get back to each of you. Thank you so much for the consideration.

There is but one philosophy and its name is fortitude! To bear is to conquer our fate. ~ Edward G. Bulwer-lytton


It was still dark when we left Sydney to travel to Canberra for the funeral of our former Church Minister. This was the look of the sky with daylight gaining momentum to peep through the somber clouds.

On the way, from clear soft morning, suddenly there appeared from nowhere a thin brume thickened to fog to hide the countryside pulchritude from view. I took this inside a running vehicle on the highway.

This man-made lake is an ideal attribute to this huge Resting Place where those that sleep will be left in due peace. I purposely took this picture for the Weekend Reflections. This tranquil setting in an island of solitude connotes a calm reflection of life as it is while on this temporary dwelling of ours on the face of this clear water surface. The shadow of the trees mirrored itself on such a quiet undisturbed watery graveyard.

God himself took a day to rest in, and a good man's grave is his Sabbath. ~John Donne

The death of someone we know always reminds us that we are still alive - perhaps for some purpose which we ought to re-examine. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Oh, may I join the choir invisible
Of those immortal dead who live again.
~George Eliot, The Choir Invisible

I choose this moment to meditate and reflect on my own life.

Cheers!