My MEMES' BLOG

Cats on Tuesday, My World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, Watery Wednesday, Window Views and doors too, This Way - Thurs Way, Skywatch Friday, Look at the Sky Friday, Weekend Memoirs, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shot Sunday, Straight out of the Camera (Sunday) ...Photos other than those with special mentions are my own Copyright.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Rubic Post in memory of Mr Rob Barnett


I'm joining a new Meme: Ruby Tuesday#2

Sorry for being slack. I don't think my faculty is in its active functional mode. But I am posting this in honour of one very deserving beloved Friends in our lives whose gargantuan achievements as I found out are incomprehensible let alone incredible. To Rob and Trish

I took this photo in Bright, VICTORIA last 2003.


is conceptualized by MARY/THETEACH
see more of Ruby Gems


Linda
My children are very much involved with this very caring and loving couple since they were little. They witnessed how they grow up physically and spiritually from childhood to adult human beings. Having been equipped with discernment and compassion as an Elder, Deacon and Minister and Parents without their own children, they saw how my kids endured the tribulations under grace of growing up children at home, at school and inside and outside the church.

Mr and Mrs Barnett are only known to everybody as Rob and Trish. Aussies are not particular with any distinctions or title be the subject is Prime Minister, President, Chanchellor, Commodore, lawyer, engineer, a doctor whatever; he or she is usually addressed by its own name. Gee, that would make you feel on equal footing with them, don't you?

I addressed my GP once by his title Dr Mc and straightaway, he fixed me "call me Joe". That simple and how down to earth people are here down under.

The long dining hall of the Barnett's Residence. My little girls helped Mr Barnett set up the table with china and cutleries. He taught them how to properly placed them on each side of the plate. Boy, how they enjoyed learning Home Economics from him. Taken in Aprill 2000. Occasion: Night to be much observed.

Some church friends on their tour to the Movie World in Queensland. The gentleman in red is Uncle Rob or Mr Barnett. By his side is Auntie Trish, his darling wife. They tagged the girls along so I could be free.

The little old woman in red standing on the porch of a mobile home at Ashmore Palm Village in Sunshine Coast, Queensland. The couple provided us the accommodation much to our surprise. A gift from heaven I should say.

The young girls in red posing for my camera right in their own bedroom enjoying the liberty of a Tourist Life.

Their last plunge in this swimming pool, facility of the village. The dolphin could not do anything but put up with the heaviness of this girl in red swimsuit.


Ahhh...taken in Zigzag Railway over at Lithgow. One of the tourist attraction of that place. Here's the couple enjoying the company of their borrowed girls. Pretty cold spring time at this time in 2001.

The Zig Zag is a full size, narrow gauge tourist railway located at Clarence, ten km east of Lithgow in the Blue Mountains of New South Wales, Australia. Built in the 1860s, the line was constructed to transport people and produce from the western plains of NSW to Sydney. It was replaced in 1910 by a 10 tunnel deviation.


These are among the best of the memories we have with them.

Cheers!