My MEMES' BLOG

Cats on Tuesday, My World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, Watery Wednesday, Window Views and doors too, This Way - Thurs Way, Skywatch Friday, Look at the Sky Friday, Weekend Memoirs, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shot Sunday, Straight out of the Camera (Sunday) ...Photos other than those with special mentions are my own Copyright.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Aerial View in My World


My World Tuesday #13

A big Thank You to our very innovative Host Klaus and his dynamic team: Sandy, Ivar, Louise, Wren and the Fishing Guy for making

looking like these pictures below from the air this Tuesday.

border02


Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a little thing.~Isaiah 40:15


As Air New Zealand plane took off, I requested a lady by the window to take these aerial shots for me with my new camera: Olympus FE-4000, a blessed belated birthday present from a friend. I was truly gobsmacked when she handed me a bag of goodies before my departure. Boy, I could cry in a bucket for joy like a little child. Oh yes, I endlessly thanked the lady who did this wonderful job for me. She was all smiles when I explained to her that I was going to blog these photos.


Up



Up

and

Away!


The above view is part of Eastern Suburb and the city. The oval as you can see is the famous Sydney Cricket Ground insofar I can familiarize myself with.


Facts:

Sydney Airport (also known as Kingsford Smith Airport)is located in the Sydney suburb of Mascot. It is the major airport serving Sydney, and is a major hub for Qantas.

Sydney Airport is one of the oldest continually operated airports in the world, and the busiest airport in Australia, handling 31.9 million passengers and 290,346 aircraft movements in 2007. It was the 28th busiest airport in the world in 2003. The airport is managed by Sydney Airport Corporation Limited (SACL) and the current CEO is Russell Balding.

Situated next to Botany Bay, the airport has three runways, colloquially known as the "East-West", "North-South" and "Third" runways. It has the smallest land area of any capital city airport in Australia.

It is a dream, sweet child! a waking dream,
A blissful certainty, a vision bright,
Of that rare happiness, which even on earth
Heaven gives to those it loves.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


You might find the History of this famous south hemispherean airport interesting. It's in this source below.

Source: Wikipedia


Please view today's My World Tuesday and see some fascinating world only in your dream exists.

Cheers!