My MEMES' BLOG

Cats on Tuesday, My World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, Watery Wednesday, Window Views and doors too, This Way - Thurs Way, Skywatch Friday, Look at the Sky Friday, Weekend Memoirs, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shot Sunday, Straight out of the Camera (Sunday) ...Photos other than those with special mentions are my own Copyright.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Taupo Bungy Jumping this TWTW


My Entry #4 to
This Way Thurs-Way


On the road This Way Thursday Way! My Own Road to spare...taken from my recent trip. Please give the above logo a tickle of a mouse to join!



Bored in running away from the icy weather of rain and sleets up in Turangi, we decided to go back to Taupo and sneaked out to see places nearby. So round the bend we went and the road took us here.



I jokingly call this area a death chamber.

That's the hanging rope there that is tied up to the legs to support a daredevil as he jumps down to the river. I think a pulley is used to hoist him back to the top. As he jumps, his head goes down first. Wanna dare?

No, I never said I would go bungy jumping. The thought of it makes me feel dizzy already. I will never dare and I don't care if I will not win.

Cheers!