My MEMES' BLOG

Cats on Tuesday, My World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, Watery Wednesday, Window Views and doors too, This Way - Thurs Way, Skywatch Friday, Look at the Sky Friday, Weekend Memoirs, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shot Sunday, Straight out of the Camera (Sunday) ...Photos other than those with special mentions are my own Copyright.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Scenic Sunday #4 Way Out in the Country

Scenic Sunday

Rounding the countryside this time. So I thought if I can show a couple
of my old hometown and one of its close neighbouring county. What about giving other Scenic Sunday sites a visit and leaving a drop of your appreciative comment?


"I went to visit our old country town in Orange. I was rather feeling sentimental that tears just rolled down my face the moment the Express
Train was heading the town. I might be full of sentimentality in this travel,
but it also had a tad of humour because I boldly hopped in without booking. Soon I was inside the train, there was no seat allocated for me, so I spoke to
the officer that I illegally boarded without a ticket. Oh, they kept me alright. They found me a place to sit on and allowed me to pay the fare on board. It
was a very relaxing journey and I soaked my mind with past recollections
while enjoying the countryside scenery". ~January 21, 2008

The picture above was taken from the lookout of the town overlooking the mountain landscape of Mt Canobolas. This is a famous "Winter Wonderland" when it snows. Winter is from June to August.

Millthorpe, a small village outside Orange. It's a fairly quiet rural town borne by its own historical relics and artefacts of the convicts' days.

My most recent visit to this little county was tainted with sorrow when I attended our faithful brethren's funeral. It was a perfect day with masses of thick white clouds that hovered around the mourners sending chills into our spine with extra-ordinary cold wind coming from nowhere.

I did a bit of write-up about Orange I would like to share with you.

Happy Mother's Day
to all the mothers in the world!