My MEMES' BLOG

Cats on Tuesday, My World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, Watery Wednesday, Window Views and doors too, This Way - Thurs Way, Skywatch Friday, Look at the Sky Friday, Weekend Memoirs, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shot Sunday, Straight out of the Camera (Sunday) ...Photos other than those with special mentions are my own Copyright.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Red Sand from Port Augusta, South Australia







My friend Simone, a New Zealander and a Dietitian by profession, had once worked for the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) based at Port Augusta, South Australia. They flew to the outback to serve the people who live far out of reach from the mainstream government health services.

She sent me this sample of the red fine sand from the place where she worked. Simone is currently going on a world tour.

With this in mind, I wonder if the dust storm we had sustained that recently turned the city red could have been originated from there, judging from this grain of red sand? Just guessing