My MEMES' BLOG

Cats on Tuesday, My World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, Watery Wednesday, Window Views and doors too, This Way - Thurs Way, Skywatch Friday, Look at the Sky Friday, Weekend Memoirs, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shot Sunday, Straight out of the Camera (Sunday) ...Photos other than those with special mentions are my own Copyright.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

That's My Weekend Memoirs, what about yours?


My Number 6 to

Our Weekend Memoirs

Created by Ebie and Company.
Please click the picture above and join us in our fun.




It's been a very long time that I've never been to a party. There were invitations in the past that would always end up being turned down. Probably because I'm not much of a party goer, let alone a social person of that kind. But there's a saying that goes, "for every rule, there's an exception." So this particular weekend (last weekend actually) was one of the exceptions.

It's a 60th birthday celebration by one of our brethren in our former association. It was a gathering to reunite friends besides the family. There were fun guessing games where our group won first prize


for the most contributed answers to the trivia. The group let me took the prize home. What a bonus as I nearly missed that one out anyway!

Then a lady in our group also won a special individual prize for her ability in remembering all the songs that were being played.

These were the prizes for all the games that night.


The theme of the celebration was 1960's, apparently when the celebrant was in his teenage years like me. Some came wearing that era's customs like headband, mini skirt, bell bottom, fishnets, twiggy and God knows what else. All the music played were those being popularized during my High School Days like the Beatles and Elvis Presley.

I shunned to sing. I love singing but I don't like singing in public solo. In the choir, yes, but not on my own. Goodness, I ran like chicken. The other two previous weekend memoirs issue, Al told my chicken to get undressed so they could be fried! There you go! Instead of me getting fried, I just ran figuratively speaking.

But I did enjoy listening to the songs sang by my friends. It was a wonderful night hampered by the strong wind that almost blew the marquee out of its place. But the people weren't deterred. They just continued singing until early in the morning. So I was naturally flatout when I got home.








Well, as you can see, a party is not a party without food! So let the pictures speak for themselves.

Bon appetit!

Cheers!